!st build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

devast8r3436

Solid State Member
Hello everybody this is my first time here, I'm looking to build a decent gaming computer and wanted to run my thoughts by some more experienced people. Here's my thoughts, Azza Hurrican 2000R case, Asus M4A89GTD motherboard,Amd Phenom II 1100T Black Edition processor, XFX Radeon HD 6770 gfx, G. Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB ram, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX750-S-B PSU, 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARS hard drive, and a Asus DVD-RW drive. Whats everybodies thoughts? Or would I be better off getting PNY MD8192KD3-1600-X9 XLR8 ram?

G. Skill's a great RAM option.

If you're doing gaming, perhaps look at the Intel 2500K instead of the Phenom II X6 - more cores isn't necessarily better for gaming, particularly since most games don't saturate even three or four cores let alone six, and overall each 2500K core is a good bit faster than those in the Phenom II X4 and X6. Similar price for the CPU, though the motherboards tend to be slightly pricier.

that psu is not the best quality. certainly wouldnt want to put it in a quality/expensive system.

also, the hard drive is a green edition. it is slower and really meant for mass storage of movies/music etc. not main programs. get the black edition, or if you do have a lot of files to store, get a black and a green.

also, that looks like a beast of a case.

Re: 800$ gaming desktop tower build opinions please and thanks!

Hey guys don't mean to steal somebody else's thread but can't post my own and need help. I'm putting together my first build and wanted some input, I've got a Asus M4A89GTD Pro, AMD Phenom II x4 955BE, XFX Radeon GD 6770, Azza Hurrican 2000R, Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP, Azza Titan 1000w power supply, Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HD, and Crucial 8gb 1333 ram. Pretty good?

It isn't letting me go to that page, it keeps saying error. It will be for gaming though

Nevermind it finally works again but still welcome any help and thanks guys

Ok changed a few things, phenom x4 955 BE, still the Asus M4A89GTD mobo, xfx radeon Gd 6770, same case, Samsung sh-b12#l/rsbp optical drive, azza psaz-1000a14 Titan psu, and Hitachi 0f12117 hd good?

What is your budget, can help you optimize this.

Few things:
1) Why spend $150 on a case for a budget build, that's more than any other component. You'll end up with a computer that looks nice outside but without much oomph.
2) Azza makes a decent case, can't say the same about their PSUs. Also, 1000w is beyond overkill for the components you've listed.
3) You'll be better served with a Western Digital or Samsung hard drive.
3a) 2TB really? How much space are you using now, if its less than 500GB then you're just wasting money on space you'll never utilize.

*Edit - Some pre-budget suggestions:
CPU + Motherboard: $200 955 BE + MSI 970A-G45.
HDD: $60 Samsung Spinpoint F3.
PSU: $85 Corsair TX650 V2.

My budget is about $800, the reason for the 1000 watt psu is for future upgrading. I thought about a Western harddrive so I'll get one of those. I have a full 500gb already is why I want a 2Tb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom