CPU/MEMORY/MOTHERBOARD combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarusce4

Solid State Member
Would this be a decent combination?

INTEL Core i5-2400
INTEL BOXDZ68DB Z68 LGA1155 motherboard
G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR DDR3 (1333 MHz) memory (4 total)

Would this memory and motherboard effect the processor speed in any way?

I've done some research, but I got pretty confused comparing everything.

Thanks!

A dedicated gaming system that can play games like DeusEx Human Revolution on the highest settings and still have smooth gameplay.

Graphics cards have their own memory right. What would be a good balance between the card memory and the system memory for a gaming system? And should the cache memory of the processor be taken into account? Would this effect the combination I mentioned earlier any?

Thanks MindoverMaster for the motherboard substitution, it does look much better. Does INTEL suck that much?

DeusEx Human Revolution recommends 2GB of RAM for your whole system, the most I've ever seen a game recommend is 4GB.
8GB will be more than enough for gaming purposes.

The different RAMs aren't added together. The GPU RAM is dedicated to GPU functions, the CPU cache is dedicated to CPU functions, and the system RAM focuses on everything else you're running.
Only need to take CPU cache into account when comparing CPUs, only need to worry about GPU RAM higher than 1GB if you're using a large Tv at high resolutions as a monitor, and the system RAM will work fine for your purposes.

I will suggest Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH for $6 more ($1 more if you use the promo code by 9/5), its a little bit faster than what you've picked.

I'll go with the motherboard that MindoverMaster suggested, and the memory that Roark suggested. I did change the processor to a INTEL Core i3-2100. I picked out a graphics card, the EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB , but I am not sure if this card would be compatible with the ASUS P8Z68-V motherboard. DOes it matter? The NEWEGG website had a decent picture of the different slots, PCI express, etc..., but the card mentioned a 2x6 pin power connector. Does every motherboard have that?

The 2100 might work, but it's not a very powerful card. I just got me a 2100, because I don't need that extra CPU power I'd never use. I just play MineCraft, and it plays it fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom