Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #52 (permalink)
Roark
Lord of Bacon

Default Re: Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

The first two slots should both run at the same speed, the black one at the bottom will be slower.
Usually just put it in the top spot for cabling convenience, but it really doesn't matter.

On the P8Z68-V Pro Newegg page it has:
Quote:
TPU & EPU
The TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through Auto Tuning and TurboV functions. Auto Tuning offers a user friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations. The EPU chip provides a real-time, dynamic power saving by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity
Honestly would probably turn them both off. Your components know how much power they need and draw it accordingly. As for the TPU, you can likely do a better overclock (with assistance) than the motherboard can provide.

Look good so far!

i5 3570k | 8GB G.Skill 1600MHz | R9 290 | SeaSonic 750X

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.