PSU suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SethM

Solid State Member
Can anyone suggest me a Brand/Model of a nice quiet PSU within the 80$ range (give or take)? That will comfortably power a system of these specs.

PSU will be mounted on the bottom of case.

Core components:
Gigabyte Z68 mobo
I5 2500k (plan to OC 4Ghz+)
Geforce GTX 560 SC

That should be good eh?
if more info is needed ask but I think that should suffice.

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for the help guys I ordered a hunk of junk from Diablotek due to a deal, then after reading reviews I am sending it back today.

I may end up going with a 550 Ti and will consider SLI with this in the future, how many watts should I push if I were to do so? So I won't have to upgrade PSU when a second GFX card is ordered if it is.

This is my first build since the AMD 64 bit CPUs came out. I plan on making a good quiet as possible while still running nice and cool Hackintosh for my rendering/programming classes. I kinda got out of the loop on technology, good thing this is a helpful forum! :D

Awesome, very excited to use the new Crytek engine thanks for all your help guys.

After reading my own message there might be some confusion.
What I was saying is that your max total system power consumption will be around 400-450 watts.
So I recommend a good psu that is 550w-650w.

Well the question was more geared at getting the answer of will these suggested components be alright. I figured I'd need about 650 at least but wasn't sure if I would need to go higher or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom