How good is this setup for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmash

Solid State Member
Hi, i'm new to the forums this is my first post. I was wondering if this setup is good for the total price of $614. I don't know anything about AMD processors and i just need some opinions on this build overall. I feel its going to give me very good performance at this price. Do you think it can max out most games?

Thanks very much for your replies.

Case- Apevia X-Trooper Junior LED Light Mid-Tower Case w/ Side Window

CPU- AMD Phenomâ„¢II X4 925 Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

Cooling- Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan

Mobo- ASUS M5A97 AMD 970 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN

RAM- Corsair 4GB DDR3-PC1600

GPU- AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe

Power Supply- XtremeGear Power Supply 600 watts

Hard Drive- 750GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Sorry if my posting format is weird :)

Can you provide links?
It looks pretty good, only thing I might suggest is ditching the aftermarket CPU cooler and getting a better CPU and a better PSU (never heard if XtremeGear, don't trust it).

Thanks for the tips. Its actually a custom built pc from cyberpower. I'm on a very tight budget. I know the PSU might not be trusted quality wise, but will 600w be enough if i want to crossfire two 6850's in the future? Also, what intel processor is mine comparable to? Sorry for no links :( Thanks alot for helping me.

From what I can find the suggested PSU for 2x HD6850s is 650W.
The X4 924 looks to be on-par with a Core 2 Quad Q6600.

What is the max you'd be willing to spend and what other components would you need (keyboard/mouse/monitor)?
If you are willing to build it yourself you can probably get a better system with quality components for around the same price.

well i already went ahead and ordered it. The keyboard and mouse come with it at the price of 614. Also i went ahead and got a 24 inch viewsonic 1080p monitor. I know i could have done better if i built it myself but i've never built one and i really just want to get the computer, its for my girlfriend. Do you think i would get away with crossfire 6850's on this PSU? or don't even attempt it? I guess thats my final question.

Again, thank you for your help!

If it has the power connectors you can always give it a shot, not sure that it will have 4 6-pin GPU power connectors though.
Worst that happens is your system doesn't have the juice to turn on and you have to return the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom