Is an NVidia 9400 as good as/better than a Nvidia 7600GS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluehotdog5

Baseband Member
so I was playing Gothic 3, when it froze and I soon got the blue screen of death, when I tried reinstalling windows the whole screen looked weird, about a third of the pixels on the screen were off by centimeters. anyway, it didn't install correctly. once I removed the card though everything worked fine, though I'm not sure how a video card could effect the installation of an OS.

In any case, that probably means my NVIDIA 7600GS is done for. not a wonderful card I know, but I don't have the money to pay thousands for a high end gaming rig. I keep seeing NVIDIA 9400 models at best buy for a similar price (i think i paid a little under 75$ for the one I had)

any idea's for video card's between 60$ to 90$ price range that would be as good if not better? (preferably better)

here are my specs, so I don't get something that's overkill for my processor -
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ ~2.40 GHz
System RAM: 2.5 GB
Video Card: crappy NVIDIA 6250 integrated card (until I get a new one)

the old card doesn't look fried though, do you think it's fixable or something? I'm guessing no, but its worth a shot to ask

also, I'm talking about USD, if you're from outside the US

Id say keep the money and save up for a new rig! I just sold a PC similar to yours (less RAM, 3 Gig CPU) for £70... I dont know the conversion rate but im guessing thats roughly what ur looking to spend on just a GPU, then you have to consider that there could be something wrong with the GFX slot on the MB, which means replacing that...

How do I find out what my power supply is? it's been a while since I've seriously dug around inside computer guts

also, just checked google, 70£ is about 113$us

Generally when u take the side panel off of ur PC, the Wattage will be written on the side of the PSU along with the make.

it say's on the bottom max power output 250w above that their's a bunch of different voltages written

hmm, maybe it would be better to just buy a new pc. not many video cards that run under 250w

it say's on the bottom max power output 250w above that their's a bunch of different voltages written

hmm, maybe it would be better to just buy a new pc. not many video cards that run under 250w

Very true. Those that can run on 250W are on the bottom rungs of the power scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom