Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) No, the Z68 also allows you to use the graphics integrated in the CPU, which is of no real benefit since you're getting a separate video card.
By all accounts I've read, there are no future benefits the Z68 has over the P67, both should be Ivy Bridge compatible.
2) I used a PS/2 to USB adapter for my keyboard for years, never had any problems, but for convenience there's nothing wrong with having a PS/2 port.
3) Yeah I dug around a bit, apparently people with Win7 Home Premium can direct download the XP Mode software, but it still doesn't work. I'm sure there are other ways to do it (thinking VirtualBox), but for simplicity nothing wrong with getting Win7 Pro.
4) Whats the price difference between the low profile and the regular? The Z68 version of the board also suggests putting RAM in slots 2 and 4, so the first RAM slot nearest the CPU cooler will still be empty. So, unless you plan on adding more RAM (unnecessary for gaming) it should never be a problem.
5) The build looks great, now you just need to purchase and build! As far as I can tell the WD Caviar Black and Samsung SpinPoint F3 have very similar performance, to a degree that the average user can't tell the difference, unless they are doing benchmarks to figure out the difference. I think it all comes down to brand preference, you can't go wrong either way. Just checked and noticed that site doesn't even carry the WD Caviar Black, definitely go for the Samsung over the Hitachi.

Great, great, great help from you mate. I actually feel bad for not paying you. :D
About the RAMs and HDD, we'll see. Not that much of a important.
I'll prolly get it at thursday. :)
About the build - is there anything I should be avare of? Or any tips?
I'm kind of a scared about thermal grease.
I've built only one PC (no problems), like 4 years ago, so hopefuly I haven't forgot everything, but so far I remeber it's like Lego. :D
Another thing that scared me, when you look at the Cooler (CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ - Czech Computer | czc.cz), there is NOT socket 1155, weird. Wrote there, no response so far, dunno what to think. And if it will fit, it's the same like with P67? Fan facing the RAMs?

EDIT: Price difference betwen low profile and normal RAMs is 396Kč = $23. Low profile ones are cheaper, but CAS latency is bigger, 9 for low profile, 8 for normal. Btw. no idea what's that. :D

Haha, I wish I could get paid for doing this. Honestly though, I love computer hardware and helping people, so content doing it free.

Newegg lists the Hyper 212+ as socket 1155 compatible.
I'm not sure that the cooler comes with thermal grease, so might need to pick up some Arctic Silver 5.

The CAS is "the delay time between the moment a memory controller tells the memory module to access a particular memory column on a RAM memory module, and the moment the data from given array location is available on the module's output pins. In general, the lower the CAS latency, the better."

Here is Newegg's computer building guide, its quite long but worth watching if you have the time. He does 2 builds from scratch and the 2nd build he uses the Hyper 212+, so you can get details on mounting it.

Other words, the regular RAMs are bit faster. Or is it difference?
I'll watch it for sure.
Grease should be in.
In case Hyper 212+ wouldn't fit (read something about regional differences), wich one of those would you recommend? Chladi

Great. Seems the choice is over.
+ The shop is offering building and testing for free. I wanted to do it by myself. But in case they are professionals...:p Not sure.

EDIT: Few changes...I'm building it by myself, can't resis the adventure. :D + Swaped to CoolerMa​ster HAF​-922 (http://www.czechcomputer.cz/product.jsp?artno=64736).
Ordering most probably tomorrow. Can't wait. Hope everything will fit.
Shouldn't be any hitches, right?

the hardest part about building a computer is installing all the software... and all you do is put the CD in the drive and click next next next, accept install, finish... other wise, square peg in square hole and round peg in round hole....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom