First Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I tried using the same settings again, as you posted, and disabled auto restart, so I managed to write down the bluescreen

I also restarted my computer several times, just to make sure it was the same error I was getting.

1) A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer ***STOP: 0x0000001E
There wasn't an error message for that one, and I bluscreened around 30 seconds after windows had loaded, and my desktop had popped up.

2)The system encountered an uncorrectable hardware error ***STOP: 0x00000124
This bluescreen happened while windows was at the log-in screen.

3)Same as 2

4)Same as 2, but I managed to log in for 2 seconds, then it bluescreened.

P.S, I've noticed, with the CPU Manual Voltage, 1.465 is colored red when I type it it and press enter, and if I press - to lower the voltage in 0.005 increments, around 1.300v it turns pink, 1.250 yellow, 1.2 white (I think), and then black under that. Does that matter?

The voltages are color coded as a warning.

The error codes are signifying a problem with the Memory Controller. I would try bumping the CPU Manual Voltage up to 1.47 volts, if that doesn't help then I would try 1.475 volts.

I don't think your heatsink will handle the heat generated by increasing the CPU Manual Voltage past 1.475 volts. If you still BSOD I recommend dropping the voltage back to 1.465 volts and then changing the following:

1-Core Ratio Limit: 48
2-Core Ratio Limit: 48
3-Core Ratio Limit: 48
4-Core Ratio Limit: 48

The voltages are color coded as a warning.

The error codes are signifying a problem with the Memory Controller. I would try bumping the CPU Manual Voltage up to 1.47 volts, if that doesn't help then I would try 1.475 volts.

I don't think your heatsink will handle the heat generated by increasing the CPU Manual Voltage past 1.475 volts. If you still BSOD I recommend dropping the voltage back to 1.465 volts and then changing the following:

1-Core Ratio Limit: 48
2-Core Ratio Limit: 48
3-Core Ratio Limit: 48
4-Core Ratio Limit: 48
Righto!

Okay, bumping the voltage up to 1.47v seemed to work, but after 12 minutes of LinX testing, it bluescreened with the same message as last time, etc, bumped the voltage up to 1.475, bluescreened 2 seconds after running LinX.

So I put the voltage back down to 1.465, changed the core ratio limits to 48, booted up, and ran LinX for 45 minutes, no probs. Here's the screenshot:

View attachment 4867

Attachments

• 45 minutes of LinX.jpg
    45 minutes of LinX.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 83
Your temps are still high, that's probably why it failed LinX after 12 minutes at 5GHz @ 1.47 volts.

I'm looking at your CPU fan speed is that set to Max. In your Bios, under the Monitor heading, you should find your fan speed settings. Disable the CPU Q-Fan Control and then set the fan to run at 100%.

You should also try lowering the CPU Manual Voltage down until if fails LinX and then raise it back up a notch or two.

While I'm sure he means well, ignore boomstick666 if you want my help. I'm not going to try and keep track of all the different things you may try by following his advice.

Wow. that is really rude thing to say as an moderator.
Telling OP to ignore the post. Very selfish and childish.
Anyway, I'll still suggest OP to stick to better OC site than this.
But I wouldn't say to OP that he should ignore anyone's post.
Every opinion helps and in TF, OC isn't so big since you see not much posts in OC section as opposed to in OCN, thousands of people are willing to help and discuss with better resources than here.
That is all.

Not when trying to set up an overclock over the net. You stick to 1 persons help or things goes bad. 1 Switchup between the 2 posts can waste so much time, and make it impossible to get it stable.

Why would the op need thousands of people helping, when slaymate has prooven his ability many times in the past IF you follow his procedure.

Slay knows his stuff, don't try to interfere with what he does. He got my 760 up to 4GHz in one configuration. Just has to fine tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom