Omega Striker 7.1 SPDIF in always has signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atropos89

Solid State Member
I purchased a Omega Striker 7.1 sound card a while back, and have been using it for receiving SPDIF from my Xbox. (That way I can route it through my G35's, which are awesome.) I haven't has any issues with it until recently. I rebooted my computer to install some new case fans (and had all cables unplugged of course), and when it started back up it acted like it was installing new drivers for my G35's. I don't see how this could have anything to do with the sound card, but now the SPDIF in is constantly showing it receiving sound - even when there is no cable plugged in. If I set it to my default recording device, it sounds like rapid-fire clicks or pops at full volume. Any idea what happened?

Information:
Windows 7 x64
Core i7 930
ASUS P6T
RADEON HD 5850
10GB 1.6GHz RAM

I checked the drivers - they are the ones I installed when I first got the card. The only ones that seem to have changed are the ones for my headset. I'll go ahead and remove and reinstall the sound card drivers now.

Also, I should mention that the other functions of the card work - like the standard headphone jack to my 2.1 speaker system. It's just the SPDIF in that's messing up.

UPDATE: Didn't help. The input shows nothing until I power the Xbox on. After I do that, it shows a small blip of sound, and then goes to full volume. THen it stays at full volume even with the Xbox powered off. (or unplugged from the SPDIF cable)

Tbh I don't know what the problem is, you'll have to wait for help from others with more knowledge on this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom