Files fail to transfer to usb / flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your input, but sorry, no.
I don't how/where to get that, nor how to use it, don't want to install more software onto PC etc...and i don't feel that is necessary.
I've proved they are ok via XP.

I have a 3 month old new PC, and have had issues with failing USBB flash drives, see MG thread here: http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/files-fail-transfer-usb-flash-drive-248144/
I have tried to use software to see mobo & chip details but am unsure..see my sig. I attach a screenshot of my system.

I also can't follow the Biostar website, which is confusing, when I enter the mobo, up comes a list of chips, and I don't which to enter, but the default that appears shows USB 2.0 software quite old, and doesn't quote Win7....worrying...see Biostar website here: BIOSTAR :: A880G+ :: Driver

Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• mobo.jpg
    mobo.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 46
Re: Mobo driver for USB

Because its a separate issue to gain correct drivers for my PC, I deem that a VERY different topic.

Re: Mobo driver for USB

Sorry last time I checked, it wasnt what you that made the decisions on the site. I do not deem this a very different topic, in fact I deem it the same exact topic. It revolves around the same exact issue. You didnt even try what was suggested and now think that getting USB drivers for your mobo is going to help? How so?

A Linux LiveCD doesnt install. You run it directly from the CD to see if that confirms that it is a problem with the USB Port or just an aspect of Windows, such as the Drivers.

You failed to follow the advice suggested and now think that asking a different way will net you different results. You dont even know if the drive is any good. The OS in use doesnt matter at all. So try the advice suggested first. Cause updating your USB Drivers will do you nothing. I can bet that you have other USB devices, such as your mouse and keyboard, that are working. So updating the drivers will do nothing at all to fix this issue.

Just for other informational purposes. Chipset drivers contain the USB drivers now. I can bet you already have the latest version installed since those were last updated in April as well.

Topics Merged.

I fully disagree:
1. I said i didn't know how about the liveCD in the thread, twice I think, and no further info. came forward.
2. I have contacted the flash drive manufacturer to resolve, and it pointed me in this direction.

This thread, is firstly to aid gaining drivers for mobo, and secondly to fix issue in previous thread, hence new thread.
Also, I beleieve when a thread gets too long, it puts people off reading it, and now this has been ruined with this argument.
Apologies if you believe otherwise, but it isn't black & white.

Think I'm getting there, a friedn suggested tryingb the rear ports, which are actally on the mobo.
I hadn't tried them before, don't know enough re setup or why they would be different.
Just tried it, and worked and fast....so whats the reason?
More improtantly, as i can't get access to the rear very easily, how do i fix?

No FIX the ports on my new PC!!!!
Although I will contact the vendor.
Not create a mess of cables!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom