Ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 3 l< 0 said:
Compaq Preserio 5000 i already have 128mb sdram pc 133 i was thinking of getting 256 or 512 mb i dont wanna spend too much money on it pls help me out

How old is this Preserio 5000? I do remember having a lot of issues with older Preserios (before HP merged with Compaq) not being compatable with your generic memory.

However some time you can get away with installing the OEM modules.

Don't buy Compaqs! Custom all the way! Woot I got a Compaq 500Mhz athlon
256mb sdram
80 gb and 20 gb hardrives
16 mb Voodoo 3dfx!!!!! <-- my fav part of the comp,w00t!

i got the same mobo as you, i i ripped it off a compaq 5005cl and it has 100 fbs and the max processor speed is 1.2ghz. how did you get it to 1.3ghz?? i know u can't OC AT ALL with this dumb mobo

my original mobo was uwave2 with on board Video but i fried it along with CPU i didnt know much about computers then so i the computer to my dads friend to fix it he reaplced the mobo with a Uwave and CPU to athlon (thunderbird 1.3) so im not using the orginal CPU my preserio is like 3 years old i checked the jumper on my mobo it was set to pc 100 so what sholud i bu pc 100 or pc 133 ?

The RAM's speed ratings are what it would perform at max. It can safely do any speed below it's rated numbers..

Example:
PC150 will run @ 150Mhz, 133Mhz, 100Mhz, 66Mhz and everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom