New Laptop Buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I have been looking the past few days and I can get the X220 with the I7 and all the features for $980.
Do yall think it is worth the money?
I really need this computer to last. That is why I don't want to buy something that is cheap and that I will have to replace in 2 years.

If that is for the i7 and Premium display absolutely. The build quality on the x220 is simply superb and if you want a laptop that will last you would be hard pressed to find a better one. Plus since it is a business class system it's very easy to work on in the event you do need to upgrade or replace something.

As you can see I am a bit of fan of these laptops.

I never owned a Lenovo, but I know their business class notebooks are of the highest. Several of my friends used them. Nothing but praise.

I posted earlier that I am studying Computer Engineering. I read one review that Lenovo's have issues compiling.
Do you know if this is true?
I plan on loading Ubuntu on it with in days of getting.
Do you know if there are any issues there either?

I posted earlier that I am studying Computer Engineering. I read one review that Lenovo's have issues compiling.
Do you know if this is true?

What issues and with what language? In short I very much doubt it; more likely this is someone without much experience who can't see what they've got wrong in their program :D

I plan on loading Ubuntu on it with in days of getting.
Do you know if there are any issues there either?

Possible but unlikely, you can test with a liveCD before you do a proper install if you aren't sure.

Well guys, I appreciate the help and advice. I am going to talk it over with my dad and then make the final decision. I will let yall know tomorrow. Thanks again!

Be sure to pick the Intel wifi card since you plan on running ubuntu as they tend to have the best linux drivers.

Also I am a Computer science major and I have had no issues whatsoever using my x220 for software development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom