Will It Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cravingsleep

Baseband Member
I have recently taken it upon myself to build my own PC, it will be primarily involved in gaming but i can't afford the very best so its not a monster. Anyway I have chosen some parts but I would just like confirmation that they will all be compatible with each other and if anything will conflict against each other, thanks, much appreciated.
Also what kind of case and power supply am I looking at?

Specs:
Intel Desktop Board DP67BG Extreme,
Intel® Core™ i5-2500,
NVidia GT 560 Ti,
Creative Labs Sound Blaster 5.1 VX – OEM,

Corsair Vengeance 8gb(2x4gb)DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit,
Western Digital Caviar Green Power 1TB 64MB Cache Hard Disk Drive SATAII 300MB/s 8.9ms – OEM,
LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Black – OEM,

Welcome to the forum, It'll all work, but you don't want to use a "green" drive to run the os.

Green drives are slower and shut down to save power.. Get a blue or black version.

I'd also get the 2500k version for 20 bucks more.

Case is your choice, but the power supply should be about 550-700W.

I recommend Antecs or Corsairs. But look at both Watts and Amps

That motherboard has on-board audio so the additional sound card is unnecessary for the average user, unless you're an audiophile.

If you want, feel free to post your budget and what country you're purchasing in. People here are more than happy to help streamline your build so you get the best bang for your buck.

Thanks you've been really helpful already, Roark in answer to your question i'm from the UK and budget is around £650, (excluding monitor - already have one).

P.S I'm changing the hard drive, has anyone got any ones they would recommend, minimum storage would be 500GB, as bang for buck as you can get, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom