Build Log: BIL-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good so far.

Thanks!

Yeah it's getting there. I have another coat of short strand down on it and it's really starting to take shape. Unfoturnately I'm going to be away for work for a couple of days so I probably won't get another update in until Thursday or Friday at the earliest.

Ok, so I added another couple of layers of short strand, bondo, and then sprayed primer. The primer made the flaws of the bondo and short strand stick out and so I did some mor sanding:

Oct2010367.jpg

Oct2010366.jpg

The front:

Oct2010295.jpg

Measure twice...cut once. Good thing, caught the messed up line before I put the holes in for the switches.

Oct2010363.jpg

Here's the plan:

Oct2010359.jpg

Ooo you should do military toggles lol.

I actually did think of the military toggles but I found them a little big for the size of the case. If it was only one or two toggles then I'd go for it but 4 is overpowering when they're as big as they are. And I wanted the bulgin switches for the power/reset since I already had a few extra lying around I wouldn't have to pay $$$ for.

But yeah, good idea and I think they would have gone nice with the paint colour I've picked out as well.

Bah, got a problem. Snapped off one of the pegs on the corner snap-on tab:

019-1.jpg

Here is what it should look like:

021-1.jpg

I'll put it back in place with some plastic adhesive and hope it holds.

Next is the tapping of the front acrylic panel I'm using to anchor the fans onto.

029-1.jpg

032-1.jpg

Because of the depth of the acrylic tunneling the fans need to be backed off the panel. Here is the depth I need them at:

Computers048-1.jpg

So using some acrylic tubing I made some stand-offs:

Computers064-1.jpg

Using the same plastic adhesive as above I'll stick them in place to align with the fan holes.

Ok, real quick update:

Added the switches for the fans, 3 speeds: H,M,L.

Computers386.jpg

Now have to start buildng the spray booth. Sorry to rush this along but I need to get the job done ASAP and don`t have as much time for photos as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom