CPU and MB Temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herpster

Solid State Member
Today, i discovered that the cpu on my Asus P5VDC MX was at 78 degrees C, and my motherboard was at 45 degrees C.
This seems high to me, is it? I just built this computer out of spare parts, just for the experience of it.

Yes, the cpu is running a a bit hot. Is that the cpu idle temp or load temp, you want to try to keep it under 70C on load. The motherboard temp seems ok.

What cpu are you using?

Today, i discovered that the cpu on my Asus P5VDC MX was at 78 degrees C, and my motherboard was at 45 degrees C.
This seems high to me, is it? I just built this computer out of spare parts, just for the experience of it.

I don't understand what idle temp and low temp are, i just checked in the bios for the temperature.
How would i go about checking that? I just got the motherboard out of an old case in the garage, i think i bought it around 2006.

Download HWMonitor, post a screen shot of it in Idle and one under Load.

CPUID - HWMonitor
Idle temp = temperature when cpu is pretty much doing nothing, just on the desktop screen with no programs/games etc running.
Load temp = temperature when cpu is being used near 100%, like in gaming or under high demanding task that stress the cpu.

Idle:
sP6A7.jpg

Load:
9ONoW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom