Can you review my build before I purchase it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown XV

Baseband Member
Hey folks, I'm about to commit here to buying a 1,100$ CAD PC (over 1,200$ with shipping and taxes) and I want to make sure from other tech savvy people that this is the best bang for my buck. IF you have any alterations I could make that won't severely increase the price please let me know. I want this computer to be great now, with plenty of room to upgrade later on.

That's why my motherboard has two PCI 3.0 slots so I can SLI in the future,as well as use the better graphics cards and ivy bridge CPU later on. same goes for the power supply, I've been told I can use it to sli two GTX 560s no problem since it's an ultra high performance 750 W PSU. Let me know what you think, the entire build is here:

Newegg.ca - Once You Know, You Newegg

There it is.

Unfortunately no. I of course have my mouse keyboard and monitor though.

I know 60 GB is small, especially after installing the OS, but I'm not a hoarder. I stream my media via netflix and only want to install a couple games.

If it proves to be too little space I can always get another hard drive later on. I just think, as a gamer, getting a sata III SSD is one of the best investments next to the gpu that I can make.

Also, just so I am certain, does the motherboard have to list itself as SLI ready to support sli? Or is it good to go as long as there are two PCI express slots?

Thanks.

Ugh, 60s small....

You'd be best to price this out at ncix.com and use their price matcher. The use shopbot.ca or anther search to find the best price.

Ncix is cdn, and faster/cheaper shipping and best service

I can dig it, its refreshing to see someone who knows exactly what their storage needs are and doesn't over-exceed them by 1TB.

I believe as long as there are 2 PCIe x16 slots you can SLi or Xfire.
That being said, the board you chose does list itself as such, and I believe that's an Sli Bridge in the picture that shows the whole bundle.

No, you need to ensure 2 pcie x16 or x8. .. I don't think any 1155 board is 2 x16, only x16/x8/x8.

But you will find x16/x4 i think..

Don't think 4 works.

But your boards fine.

Sorry about the confusion, referring to the slots themselves as PCIe x16, even if they run at x8/x8 with dual cards.
Guess the preferred term is PCIe 2.0/2.1/3.0?

Paton, check out the Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 and GA-P67A-UD7-B3, x16/x16, though the prices are ridiculous.

Its a mixed bag, I wouldn't for some personal reasons.
1) Kingwin hasn't established itself as a quality PSU manufacturer.
2) I don't like 6x 12v rails, simpler is better imo.
3) 1000w is just overkill for the build, even with SLi GPUs.

That being said, it did get good marks from JonnyGuru's Kingwin Lazer 1000W Review.
8.5 of 10 overall, and the lowest score of 7 was for value at its original $229 price.

If you want it, get it. Like I said, the downsides are personal preferences that don't necessarily matter to everyone.

Well the deal expires today so eh, I went for it. I bought half of the components today, 615$! Bam. Ouch. I'm getting something I love but yeah, that's a lot of money. Almost there though!! I can't wait!

Anyone want to help me get even more excited? Can anyone guess as to how much more performance I will get with this setup, versus my current PC? I'm using this now:

4850 ATI
2 GB DDR2 667 mhz
Windows xp 32 bit
XFX Nforce 630i motherboard
E8400 core 2 duo 3.0 ghz cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom