Whole new PC for games, please help me choose it

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HX750 is 516Kč more, I'm not sure you'll be able to get a fully modular 750W for around the same price as the HX650.
The Corsair TX750M is semi-modular, but I believe you'll use all of the cables hard-wired to it anyway. And its cheaper than the HX650!

Thank you mate, I'll think about it, but TX seems enough. :)
Btw. on another forums I was recommended to buy z68 chipset, wich allows ssd caching.
Isn't it the same you talked at the beginning, Roark?
Should I go for it? (with buying SSD later)
Not quite sure, when so many people buys P67 mobos, it seems the best.

Pardon me, being total noob. :p

I've read quite a bit about SSD caching and honestly seems kind of gimmicky to me.
As I understand it you put all your files on the mechanical hard drive, then the programs you access the most get cached on the SSD for quicker access.
So, why not just put the programs you know you access the most (windows, your favorite games, etc..) on the SSD in the first place, that's what people with P67 chipsets do and it seems to be working just fine for them.
(Someone feel free to correct me if this is incorrect)

If the prices are similar, there's nothing wrong with the Z68 chipset. I know in the US though the P8Z68-V Pro is $30 more than the P8P67 Pro, doesn't seem worth it to me.

AnandTech - Intel Z68 Chipset & Smart Response Technology (SSD Caching) Review

So the only advatange of Z68 is the SSD caching thing?
I mean no other pros for future?

+ I does not have PS/2, so I'd have to buy new keyboard, heard those reductions doesn't work.

Anyways the whole setup would look something like so.
I'll prolly go with the new mobo anyways and can't resist the XP mode in Win7 Professional.
Still not sure if I shouldn't get the low profile RAMs.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K + CoolerMaster Hyper 212+
MB: Asus P8Z68-V PRO - Intel Z68
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked 1536MB, PCI-E
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8)
HDD: WD Caviar Black - 1TB
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX750M 750W
Case: CoolerMa​ster HAF​-922 ​(RC​-922M​-KKN1​-GP)

Also what do you think about? http://www.czechcomputer.cz/product.jsp?artno=69326 I had been told it's better than the WD one I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom