Video card installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares82

Baseband Member
Hey guys. Have a small problem. I have a compuer that had a fried video card. An old HD 4350. I'm replacing it with a spare card I have a GeForce 8800 GT.

But, the 8800 requires that I hook it up to the PSU (Xion 550X). I don't see any 6 pin connector coming out of the PSU to hook it up straight to the card. But my card did come with a 6pin-to-2molex adapter. The problem is that I only have 1 open connector coming out of the PSU and I know that won't feed enough power to the card so I'm stumped at what if anything I can do, short of either buying a new PSU.

If there is nothing else that I can do, can someone recommend a graphic card that doesn't require connection to PSU.

Are you sure that that would work? I was reading the reviews for this cable and one of them said this:

"So I bought this piece to use in conjunction with LOGISYS AD201 12v Molex to 12V 6Pin Adapter to power my GPU card. The above mentioned part has 2 4 pin molex connectors, so I figured I would get a Y adapter to make it work with only 1 4 pin molex... This was a bad idea, The video card uses alot of power and I have now reconfigured it so that one molex plugs into 1 12v rail and the other molex plugs into a different 12v rail. This peice is now sitting in my collection of cables"

This sounds like he was doing exactly what I was doing and it didn't work.

He means, split soething like your drives or fans, then use 2 molex cables.

Did the "review" say what gpu they used?

Can you rearrange your current cables? Fans can plug into themselves, and you can triple up on hard drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom