Good hardware but doesn't game well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farriscar

Solid State Member
I have already built myself a great desktop pc for gaming, but I wanted a laptop for browsing, word processing, casual gaming what have you. First, here is the laptop in question:

Newegg.com - Recertified: TOSHIBA Satellite L675D/S7052B Notebook AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N640(2.9GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Radeon HD 4250

I can install and run any game with it without error, however I can't for the life of me get them to run well, even when I turn all the settings as low as they will go. The only thing I can think of that is choking it is the mobility card because I am unfamiliar with how well they run.

I have installed: Amnesia: Dark Descent, Shogun 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Thief 2 and Fallout 2. What concerns me most is that Fallout 2, which is a decade old, will not run well unless I drop back the resolution. So I'm tempted to think that for some reason I'm not getting the performance I should be.

Judging from the specs I on the laptop, do you see anything that could be bottlenecking me or is the laptop working how it seems it should be?

Just a little more, I don't know how to check FPS on a game, but it seems very low for Deus ex, shogun and amnesia, even though the specs seem to match the desktop I once had that ran them all very well.

Your laptop is working as it should, the graphics card is just not powerful enough for any real type of gaming even on lowest settings.

This makes me sad. Is it difficult to upgrade graphics in a laptop or is it usually embedded somehow?

You can't upgrade, it's onboard. You need a whole new laptop if you want better gaming performance.

Oh well, like I said it wasn't meant for gaming anyway, but would've cool to be able to play the newer games I have on trips. Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom