Upgrading CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcat93

Baseband Member
Hi there

Iv got a i3 3.1 Ghz cpu, and i want to upgrade to a i5 2500k. Iv got a H67MA USB3 B3 Gigabyte Motherboard. Would i be able to Upgrade?

Oh yer LGA 1155 H67

Please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

The i5 2500K is compatible with your mobo, but I'm not sure what kind of overclocking you'll be able to do with that mobo.

The H67 isn't for overclocking, but still worth the $10-$15 to get the "K" version in my opinion. If you ever upgrade the motherboard, or want to sell the CPU later on, its nice having the unlocked multiplier.

would sometime later mean 3 generations of cpu architecture later? id rather have the cash now than a sunk investment with an unknown payout.

If I'm paying $200+ for a CPU, I don't consider $10 a bank-breaking investment.
i5 2500 to i5 2500k = $10 more
i7 2600 to i7 2600k = $15 more

Are you going to make back the 10/15$ if/when you resell it, I can't really say with any certainty.
Is it going to be easier to sell by advertising "unlocked multiplier for easy overclocking"?, I'd say most certainly.
Does it give you the freedom to overclock if you choose at a later date (and with an OC-able motherboard), most definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom