Switching GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLeeoh

Solid State Member
Alright so, Currently.. I have an HP Pavilion 64 bit, AMD Phenom2 Desktop. Which.. has a micro board and case to fit it. Recently I obtained an NVIDIA Gforce GT 220 And, with some difficulties we managed to fit this card into my case. Now it wasnt a solid fit. it didnt lock in and because of that, its loose which resulted in it coming out of the motherboard and crashing my computer... and all sorts of other issues.
So. I Went out and bought a new mid sized motherboard and case. So im pretty much rebuilding from the ground up for this card...

Now. there is nothing Wrong with my micro case/board and i would like to keep this as a secondary computer, However. When i remove the Graphics Card, The computer will not turn on, it simply Beeps at me, i looked up what the HP Beep code meant,
and it said soemthing along the lines of the computer trying to run a GPU that is required but not installed.

However my Computer has an onboard built in ATI Radeon in it. not as good a card as my geforce but none the less its there. It worked fine untill we switched to the new card and now it wont work without the card. Im thinking theirs an option somewhere on my computer where i can select which GPU i want to be using? Or something of the such....

So in short i want my computer to be using its built in GPU so i can take my Graphics card out and put it into a new computer.

If anyone could possibly help me figure out what to do that would be fantastic :D

By default it will switch back to the onboard video if there is no PCI-E card. Just try resetting BIOS. Take the battery out for a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom