Problems after Defragmentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freezer trick didn't work.
It makes a ticking noise as it's running so I'll just buy a new one I guess.
Is there a "for sale" section here where I could find it?
By the way you guys are awesome thanks for all the help, I feel welcome already, I know I'm gonna learn a lot here.

There is a BST section, but I believe you can not go into there until you have 40 posts, I think. Just get one off the Egg. Cheap.

Ok so I replaced it just now with a new one from that website, are there any other steps other than just slapping the new hdd in? Because I tried installing windows xp (just for now) and while in the process it seemed to not recognize the hdd.

Try leaving the drive plugged in, go into your bios, and load the defalt settings. Save and restart. Go back into the bios and see if it recognizes it. If not, try a different sata port. If not again, try a different sata cable.

Hillbilly, this is a laptop, not a desktop. He doesn't have a choice of multiple SATA ports.

Also, if BIOS can see the drive, there is no reason to set it to defaults.

Now it's just rebooting constantly, time after time, won't even go to the Windows xp installation setup, some guy here locally said to disable the ahci to ata or something like that, I did that and nothing happened. Some diagnostic test I ran said everything was ok including hdd so I don't know what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom