Need some help on an AMD build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
My buddy is upgrading to another AMD rig and I don't know a whole lot about AMD to get him a good CPU and Board. From what I have seen a 1090T is a decent processor but I am unsure about a AM3 board.

Best bank for his buck is what he is looking for for Motherboard/CPU/Ram.

Again I can help on Ram but a CPU/Motherboard I am unsure. He is doing photoshop and other crap like that.

MoM - He currently has an AM2+ board with a Phenom II X2 with 4gb of ram I believe. 3 years old and just not cutting it for him anymore.

Thanks for the mobo suggestions Roark. If this was an Intel build I would know what the **** I was doing :p.

Its the same companies that make Intel boards, so if you have a personal preference check out their boards.
AM3+ is supposed to be Bulldozer compatible, so nice for future upgrades.
Other than that its whatever features he will need.

Well I only ever have EVGA boards and they don't make AMD boards. :p I figured ASUS and MSI were good though. But everyone makes something that isn't good.

I would stick with MSI for AMD based boards never had much of a fuss with it, plus the durability is pretty good for what it does.
Also I recommend he looks into either x4 945 AM3 through x6 1055-1090T.

If he is a power worker, which is what I'm picking up from your first reply, the 1055T would handle his needs easily, and still wants a second meal after eating through whatever you give it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom