Need advice on best graphic card for fusion max htpc case

Status
Not open for further replies.

mascott

Solid State Member
Hi am thinking of building myself a new htpc which i will be useing for online gaming as well and would like to get the best graphic card i could that would fit this case, have found a case which i like, the antec fusion remote veris black MATX media case ( http://www.ebuyer.com/148791-antec [...] 45-08770-4 ) but have no idea what size graphic card i could use in this case. The size of the case is 5.5"(H) x 17.5" (W) x 16.3" (D) and if anyone could reccomend a good card i could then think about what psu and cpu and motherboard i should get, am willing to spend upto £150/$200 on a card....thanks for any replys i get
smile.gif

I think the max video card length you can fit into that case is 9.5 inches and that's gonna be a pretty tight fit.

Update:This is for the regular version of the case: You could probably get a Nvidia gtx 560 Ti, or Amd Radeon 6850

Update 2: I just realized the topic lists the "Max" version of the case while your link directs me to the regular version of the case.
If your getting the max version than:
Antec Fusion Remote Max can fit graphics cards with a maximum length of 11 inches. If you decide to remove the HDD cage behind the card, you could even fit a 16 inch card.

is this a MATX antec fusion or a MAX antec fusion?

because your link and dimensions are all MATX and the thread says "Max"

if its a Mini ATX fusion, I'm facing the same thing, max size def 9.5 inches, height is a worry
I've just decided to jump in and order a

PowerColor Official Website - Graphics, Cases, Power Supply -- PowerColor HD6850 1GB GDDR5 PREMIUM EDITION

which will fit lengthwise, however I may have missed heightwise, its going to be really tight with only 5.5 inches height in there. i may have to mod teh heatsink or something

will let you know if it fits (i get it friday)

thanks for the replys guys :) and sorry yer it is the fusion remote case i am going with not the max, typed that in by mistake :-( ........thanks if you can let me know how you get on with the 6850 would love to be able to fit one off those cards in :-0

thanks for the replys guys :) and sorry yer it is the fusion remote case i am going with not the max, typed that in by mistake :-( ........thanks if you can let me know how you get on with the 6850 would love to be able to fit one off those cards in :-0

Soon as I get it I'll let you know, I'm hoping it'll fit

thanks for the help whitehart, looks like i will be going with the 6850 then :) is the any chance you could share the other parts you used in your build, would give me a idea what i could look for as i have no idea realy about computers but whould like to try and build me first one.......thanks

I can but what i have is a real high end piece of kit and you dont need to get all what i have

I got ASUS M5A88 M EVO motherboard
Athlon II X4 running at 2.7Ghz (low wattage athlon) kinda inherited from another bit of kit i once had (O/C'kd to 2.7Ghz)
12 GB of RAM again GSkill ripsaw (again inherited most of that)
OCZ 650 watt powersupply again from an old machine
With a Zipang 2 cpu cooler
HD freeview tuner TBS 6280
Cruical M4 SSD 128Gb
Samsung F4 2Tb hard disk
Radeon 6850

As I say this is quite high spec HTPC because I like gaming and my other half hogs our main pc studying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom