Frequent Crashes. Suspected memory problem. Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtfunkymojo

In Runtime
My computer crashes A LOT, and the frequency and types of the crashes change whenever I tinker with the ram settings, so I suspect a memory problem.

I overclocked a bit, so I'm not sure what my ram settings should be.

My current set-up:
EVGA EVGA P55 SLI E657
Intel Core i5 750 overclocked @ 4.0Ghz by a 191 multiplier and 1.4V
OCZ3G1066LV2G 7-7-7-20 1T 573.8 MHz with 1.7V (I'm testing with one stick right now)
FSB : DRAM is 2:6

The ram passed memtest several times.

What's causing the crashes and how do I fix it?

If you need any additional info just ask for it.

Im probably not the most reliable source for an answer, but just recently my computer was crashing like. sometimes within 5 minutes of turning it on. and i was having alot of crashing issues too.. I took the ram out of my computer made sure .. yanno like no dust or anything was on it put them back in made sure they were tight and secure. turned it back on and the crashing stopped. I have no idea if that would help you at all or not, but i mean. could be worth a shot right? :]

oh. A little more tinkering revealed that I didn't disable Intel's feature for dynamic overclocking (I think it was called SpeedStep or something). I think the dynamic settings for the cpu dragged the ram settings along with it.
Everything went better than expected.

It's just a careless mistake I made while overclocking. Thanks for the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom