Power Saving Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deere55

Beta member
After my computer sits for a while the moniter enters power save mode like it should but it won't come out of it unless I force restart my computer. I can't even press the power button once and wait for it to shut down properly, because it never will. I have to hold the button until it forcibly shuts down.

Then, after I start it back up and sign in to my profile, the screen goes black and it takes 1-2 minutes for the desktop to load.

I've tried searching on the internet and I've come up with "It's either the monitor or the graphics card, or possibly the cable connecting the 2." Well my moniter tests out fine. I bought a new cable. I bought a 250 dollar graphics card. It worked fine all day yesterday, but this morning it was stuck in power save mode and did the same song and dance all over again. Can anyone guess as to what's up? (I hope it's not hard drive related because I'm on my 3rd one for this computer as it is)

How exactly do you do that? I unplugged the motherboard and removed the battery. I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but if it is then it didn't work.

I've tried installing new drivers, moving the ram cards around, and just about everything I can think of. i'm beginning to wonder if my motherboard is trashed

Removing the battery will reset the bios. There may be a setting in the bios relating to standby mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom