HDTV build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I've been building a tonn of gaming systems but have a friend that just had his laptop die and wants a tower to replace the laptop, he also wants to use his 52" flatscreen for the monitor, he will be doing no gaming at all, just basic home user stuff and watching movies with possibly a blueray player at some point. What video card would work for running a tv that size, were trying to keep it as cheap as possible but want enough power to run, looking at a I3 or maybe a I5 max, like I said he doesn't need the power. Just basic home user stuff with a big tv lol

Thanks
Dauntae

I'd say i5 2400 if you're looking at Intel, theres no reason not to be sporting a quad-core.
Although if you want to keep price down, why not snag a Phenom II x4, the 955BE is ~$70 cheaper than the 2400.

I used to run my comp on my roomate's 51" DLP with an 8600GT through a DVI cable.
It wasn't beautiful, but it worked for movies.

I'd say start picking parts on a budget with cost in mind, then drop whatever the balance is into the best GPU you can get with what is left.

He likes intel, suggested AMD but he wants intel. Going to look at those vid card suggested and I think an I3 CPU would be enough for his needs, also going to add the bluray since you can now get a player for around $60- $70 so the low profile ATI card should be good, thanks for the help, I know gaming systems but this type system is new to me.

Dauntae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom