Help me forward port 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Hey. I haven't posted on here in a while :tongue: But now I'm stumped...

I set up an Apache server and it's accessible on the LAN, and I also got set up with DynDNS. Whenever I load my DynDNS site, however, it brings up the login box for my Actiontec DSL modem. I've already disabled remote management in the modem, and also forwarded port 80 to my router. The modem is using DHCP and assigned the router an IP, so I forwarded to that. The router then forwards 80 to my computer's local IP. But like I said, the modem login is the only thing I get when I connect to my external IP, so I suspect it's a setting in there. Any ideas?

Definitely forwarding all incoming traffic on port 80 to your router? Definitely sure you're connecting through port 80? Hmmmm....tricky...

I feel dumb. It was bringing up the modem login because I was trying to connect to my external IP while on the local network. I walked down the street with my laptop and it worked just fine on a neighbor's WiFi :D

When I set up apache port 80 didn't work for me either.. I heard some ISPs block that port. I changed mine to something else (8080 :tongue:) and it worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom