UPGRADE BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may wait a tad longer and save a little more.

That way I can get the mobo that I posted, and if I get that I can see if the cache thing actually works with the SSD.

I really would like to get a 120 GB

I am also fine with the first set of G-Skill Ram everyone suggested.

Will the 120GB SSD handle my OS....plus all the cacheing...plus the current game I want to play....I am thinking that should be fine.

Also, man...what a great time to buy ram....some really good deals.

Should I expect a pretty easy OC to 4.5 Ghz with that cpu....board....and cooler....I am thinking that should be the case.

Just to give you a little reference I currently use only 112GB of my hard drive.
I have Win XP, 2 mmorpgs (WoW/EvE), TF2, L4D, L4D2, Magic DotPW, 6 seasons of Weeds, 6 seasons of Supernatural, a handful of movies, a bunch of music, old papers from 4 years of college, tons of photos, and random junk thats just accumulated.

Granted Win7 uses more space than XP, but I think people underestimate just how much space they actually have.
If you limit yourself to Win7 and a handful of games, 120GB should be plenty of space, plus you'll have a storage drive for all the extras.

And yes, with an i7 2600k, Asus Deluxe (Z68 or P67), and Corsair H80, 4.5GHz should be no problem.

Thanks....I have Windows 7 on an 80GB HD by itself now.

I was just wondering with that caching going on if I would still have enough room to put at least the current game I am playing on that drive.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom