BBC Iplayer download manager - wont download!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferguslea

Solid State Member
Hi Guys,
I recently downloaded bbc iplayer, when I click on it, it - rightly says I have no programmes to watch.

I click through the "download programmes" button which brings me to the iplayer home page - so far so good.

I select (for example) TV, John Bishops Britain, then select download options, for iplayer desktop-"click" and ....drumroll, nothing, nyada, zilch!!

I de installed and reinstalled thinking perhaps there was a corrupt file somewhere, this made no difference.

I then selected download for windows media player and got this message;

Software upgrade required
To download BBC iPlayer programmes please upgrade your version of Windows Media Player. Click here to get the latest version from Microsoft.

So far as I can see for my OS (XP pro) wmp11 IS the latest version available and the one I'm using.

It's really quite frustrating, I have had no luck on the support site or, so far by trawling through the net looking for answers. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation and best regards,
Brian.

Instead of downloading it through the desktop program download them on line they should go strait to your Iplayer desktop
go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
g
o to the required show
scroll under the video
click "download options"
then "for iplayer desktop"

BBC iPlayer - Help - About BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer is our free service that lets you catch up with radio and television programmes from the past week. If you are in the UK and connected to the internet you can:

Your IP address says your in Spain and the iPlayer only works in the UK. If you've downloaded a show while you were in the UK you can watch it anywhere on the planet. And it looks like the radio function does work outside of the UK.
BBC iPlayer - Help - Frequent questions - Outside the UK

Thank you all, the problem has now been solved, I needed to delete the digital rights management cache in windows media player, update this from microsoft update and do a freash install of bbc iplayer. Its now working fine.

Best regards,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom