@@@What can this MOTHERBOARD TAKE@@@

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take Core 2 Duo CPUs - possibly Core 2 Quad with a BIOS update, but I can't guarantee that.

It has a PCIe x16 slot (the yellow one) so the graphics card it can take is not limited by the motherboard, but how big the power supply is.

I have a computer sitting here with that motherboard. It lasted about 4 years before breaking...its not a great motherboard but worked well for me. It should be able to handle almost any video card. You will be limited by the power supply far more.

Even the PCI E 2.1 cards? and the 128bit,64bit cards(I don't know what they mean)
I also want to add ram, but don't know what kind it takes ( I do't have access to the manual, and I have found nothing about it online)
any help?
Also any suggestions about a car of ~$100

PCIe cards are backwards compatible, so 2.1 will work in a 1.0 slot.
Nobody is going to suggest a card without knowing the watts and amps of his power supply.

Found a link to the motherboard specs here.
Dual-channel DDR2 memory architecture
2 x 240-pin DDR2 DIMM socket support up to 4 GB
Support DDR2 800/667 DDR SDRAM

That RAM is OK. But that is darn expensive. Take a look on Newegg. You can get that much for about 1/3 the price.

Wattage is half the bait. Voltage and Amps are more important. I would rather get a 550W, leave room to expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom