CPU Cores Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay what case do you have?

If its 36 outside, whats your room temperature? If youre hot inside your room, then you might not beable to cool your cpu much more than you have.

You might want to look into a premade water setup[ like the Corsair H70/80 or Koolit 120. You get the eat out of the case keeping things overall cooler.

I have this case - ATX GIGABYTE (GZ-AA2CB-SNB) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233031
My room temperature doesn't go above 30°C for sure, but I'd say it's not more than 26°C.

Is water cooling really that good? The H80 costs around 100€ here, and I'm not exactly a rich person. :)

EDIT: Newegg doesn't show the link to my case. Just google it and you'll see which one it is.
EDIT #2: Fixed the link. My bad.

I have this case - ATX GIGABYTE (GZ-AA2CB-SNB) Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GZ-AA2CB-SNB Black Aluminum / 0.7mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
My room temperature doesn't go above 30°C for sure, but I'd say it's not more than 26°C.

Is water cooling really that good? The H80 costs around 100€ here, and I'm not exactly a rich person. :)

EDIT: Newegg doesn't show the link to my case. Just google it and you'll see which one it is.
EDIT #2: Fixed the link. My bad.

No these w/c setups arent thAT great, but when youre in a hot area, the heat won't get trapped in your case causing overheating.

UPDATE: I tried cleaning as much dust as I could by using my mouth and lungs to the fullest and with a few cotton swabs.

Right now, I'm running BitCoin that uses CPU power, and the temperature of my cores has peaked at 95°C and is steady. It did not reach 100°C for the computer to shut down, as it would previously.

I will definitely go and grab a can of air asap and report the results.

You need to stop running BitCoin until you have this problem eliminated, or be prepared to buy replacement parts.

HiYa, In a pinch you can use a soda straw and your lungs to blow it out. Make sure it is a new straw. Hope this helps. SeeYa

@patonb: I tried that, and the temp only dropped by maybe 1 or 2°C after a minute or two. When I go to sleep, my computer goes to sleep/power saving mode.

@Slaymate: I only used Bitcoin as a test for loading the CPU.

The temperature of my cores has been at around 40°C (idle) for the past few hours. I think the heat outside is having a major impact on these temperatures.

Anywho, I am planning on upgrading my computer as soon as I get some money.
Could anyone share their opinion on the following parts:

Computer case: NZXT Phantom
PSU: Corsair 850W TX2
CPU Fan: Corsair A70
Graphics card: Asus ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom