First ever build for serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
The i5 2500k is $95 more, on Newegg.
I think the i3 2100 is just fine for your purposes, especially considering that you need to add Win7 into the budget.

Here is a side-by-side comparison just for reference.
While the 2500k is obviously more powerful, the 2100 holds its own just fine.

just back in to my house and read all of your suggestions and have to say you really really help out a lot haha i feel good about finding these forums :). Also with all of those parts would i need to buy cable for them or should they already come with the tower or in the box themselves?

well turns out im getting a lil bit of financial aid back (like $200) so i upgraded some of the parts especially the mother board, power supply and case and i think the ram im at about 865$ so ill just upgrade the rest later :) ty everybody for the help and support, and FA for the extra bump of cash ! ooh almost forgot the gfx too!

would this pc be able to run battlefield 3?

What are the final components you decided on?

Not sure if these are the official specs but:
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

A dual-core is in the minimum specs, so you should be fine even with the i3 2100.

If you built the pc i recomended you will not be disapointed with the preformance with most any games you play... it will play them all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom