External hard drive won't recognize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

php111

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

I have an external hard drive. It was working on a different computer last year, but the computer wasn't mine. It was the first time I am trying it on my computer. I have been trying for more then a week. It won't even show up in Darik's to wipe the HDD clean. It won't do anything. I have a couple of screenshots from SIW. I don't know what the devices are. I do refuse to open up any electronic cases, because if I open them it's only going to get damaged more. Could anyone try to get this issue resolved for me? Thank you.

Untitled-1.jpg picture by php111 - Photobucket

Untitled2.jpg picture by php111 - Photobucket

untitled-1 doesn't show disk management. i want to see disk management to see how the drives are configured for windows.

right click my computer, click manage, select disk management

I had enough of photobucket.

The reason why I was in Safe Mode is because everytime I upload an image/photo. It uploads as one of my photos I deleted.

Could you please a recommend another free easy to use site, so I can upload it? Apparently, it's the only photo I have on my desktop, and it uploads the previous photos.

Why is half your HDD unallocated?

1. I was in a hurry to fix my HDD.

2. I need Vista Home to put my Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade on.

3. After fixing my external, I was going to use DBAN, so I will eventually partition it.

4. I was using Vista because I was trying to get my external to work, so I can wipe everything at once.

5. Do you see anything that could help me to get it to recognize, so I wipe it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom