HP A708 Base Unit PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres no need to reply to your own post 10 mins after you post it. anyways in the front there are front audio and usb ( 3 usb it looks like) and it has pretty decent graphics (64 mb) so you could play cs comfortably but not much else...

So, what do you people think about this pc, is it good? ok? or shit?

has anyone else had or got this pc?

and will it play dvds smoothly?

well if a computer comes with a dvd rom it will most likely play DVD's =D, overall the computer isnt that great but i dont know what 300 euros is worth in american dollars otherwise i could tell you if its a good price =/

its £300 uk pounds, so thats $557 us dollars. I only want it for a standard pc becasue the one i use at the moment is only a P2 350mhz and even that plays dvd's ok.

So do you think it will be ok to replace my 350mz pc?

yes you're increasing your cpu power by over 2 gigs and the price is decent so go for it if all you wanna do is watch dvds and surf the net

yes, thats exactly what i wanna do, surf the net, watch dvd's, play music, do work and maybe play some older games, but not really old ones.

Ive ordered the pc and its coming next monday.

cheers

im going to use my old monitor, but its not really old. Will i need any drivers for it or anything, or will it just work?

It worked fine for my 350mhz pc, just pluged it in and used it.

if you have a crt monitor, you will not need drivers, if you have an LCD, you might need the drivers for that monitor.

EDIT: I just looked over the pc, it looks pretty nice for the price. I would highly suggest more RAM and a video card in the future. Remember even if it's 64 for video, it's shared and takes away from your PC's memory, and 256 is NOT a lot at all.

its just a standard monitor that works with all pc's i guess. Its not LCD or tft, so i guess its a crt?

just a normal monitor, and a i said, its quite old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom