Higher-end tower build question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info! I'll be going with the H80 then.

Is the Asus P8P67 Deluxe worth the price? Seems like it has lots of nice features plus comes with a USB 3.0 mount. Or is my original choice better for the price?

Its a $10 difference between the two, so not going to break the bank, but its up to you if the features are worth it.

A side-to-side comparison shows they have almost identical core features.
The Deluxe has Bluetooth, the external USB 3.0 box, and dual ethernet ports.
The Sabertooth has it's TUF Thermal features and 2 more years on the warranty.

Slaymate is currently using the Deluxe, so he should have some better insight as to what else you get for your $10.

I went with the P8P67 Deluxe over the Sabertooth because I don't like the "TUF Thermal Armor" design. While some people think it looks cool, I'm just not into it. Plus I just don't think the Thermal Armor is a good design. Basically the Armor is a big heatsink but instead of using a regular heatsink to centrally locate and dissipate the heat, the armor is distributing the heat over the whole lower half of the mobo.

The Deluxe also has an additional PCI-E 4X slot that the Sabertooth doesn't have, I'll probably never use it but I'd rather have it.

Ok, update: everything is put together, stable and works great. One more question.

I know electric plug-in vacuums create static electricity, but if I was using the plastic hose with one of the plastic attachments to clean the inside when the time comes, wouldn't that be safe? I use compressed air cans too, but they're so overpriced I try to limit my use as much as possible.

If not I guess I could buy a little battery powered one.

The big problem with a vacuum is it can suck in small parts, like jumpers. I would stick to canned air or buy a small air compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom