Will these parts fit/comply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelranox

Solid State Member
I think I've finalized on some parts for my first PC build. However, I want to ensure that everything will mesh and as such, I'm posting here prior to having purchased it. Overall, everything will value to around $1400. I want this to be an amazingly fast and efficient gaming computer, along with having the ability to render HD videos quite rapidly. So, any and all feedback on this would be greatly appreciated:

Case: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Motherboard: ASUS M4N98TD EVO AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

GPU: EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

PSU: RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Speakers: Logitech Z523 40 Watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System

Keyboard: LITE-ON SK-1788/BS 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys PS/2 Wired Standard Keyboard

Card Reader: Kingston FCR-HS219/1 19-in-1 USB 2.0Card Reader

RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX

Blu Ray Player: SAMSUNG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Combo Model SH-B123L LightScribe Support - OEM

I'd like to get a DVD player, but I'm unsure if this case will suffice for the proper amount of room for slots. Oh, and I have a mouse, so that's why I left one out.

That case has 5x external 5.25" bays (optical drive sized) so with the Blu-Ray player you'll still have 4 available.

Your motherboard uses dual channel RAM, so you want to buy in sets of 2, such as the Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4GB) kit for $100.

The PSU is not what I would go with. 1) 850w is way more than you need for this build, and 2) Raidmax doesn't make the most quality power supply.
I'd suggest either the Corsair HX650, or if you were set on the 80+ Gold cert a SeaSonic X650 Gold.

That case has 5x external 5.25" bays (optical drive sized) so with the Blu-Ray player you'll still have 4 available.

Your motherboard uses dual channel RAM, so you want to buy in sets of 2, such as the Corsair Dominator 8GB (2x4GB) kit for $100.

The PSU is not what I would go with. 1) 850w is way more than you need for this build, and 2) Raidmax doesn't make the most quality power supply.
I'd suggest either the Corsair HX650, or if you were set on the 80+ Gold cert a SeaSonic X650 Gold.

Duly noted. Considering I've never built a computer before, I'm unsure of what fans I'd need for optimal performance. I really don'y want a liquid cooling system due to the risk of water bursting inside the case. So, would you have any in mind?

For the CPU a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ will fit in that case and out perform the stock cooler. You will need some thermal compound for it though, $7 more for some Tuniq TX-2.

If you're worried about inside the case, not sure what to tell you. The NZXT Apollo only has 3 places to put fans, and comes with 2 pre-installed.
If you set up the CPU cooler so that it pushes air toward the rear exhaust that will help. You'll also have a fan over the GPU to help cool that down. Just need to pick up another 120mm for the front intake. Rosewill 120mm Blue LED for $8, and you get a blue glow coming out the front of your case.

generally, i think you dont use water in 'water' cooling. pretty sure its a non-conductive coolant. it would be a bad day if it leaked, but i dont think you have to worry about having the computer short and blow up. im not even sure if theres enough fluid to ruin your floors...

i thought most people used propylene glycol or its nearest generic for anti-corrosive and non-conductive?

distilled water is non-conductive. distilled water becomes not so distilled after a while touching non distilled water surfaces. change it often to keep those desired properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom