I accidentally changed my desktop wallpaper,now can't find the original wallpaper. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Angel

Solid State Member
My old wallpaper was Water-lilies, which came with the Windows XP programme, (I think)! I used the Help & assistance, followed the advice, but the Water-lilies has disappeared. Not sure I'm into the other ones there, how can I restore my old one, without doing s complete System Restore? :(

Silver Angel
Spread the Love

:angel::confused:

XP? Right-click on the desktop, choose Properties. Click on the Desktop tab, scroll through your wallpaper selections and choose the wallpaper.

However, if you randomly chose your previous wallpaper online and just selected "Set as wallpaper" you are out of luck as XP does not save it to the Wallpaper folder.

thank you all, I already did what you advised, Trotter, but it had disappeared. I originally found it in the list of wallpapers, so was completely flummoxed. Sorry I didn't give enough info on my set-up, will know better next time. What I did do, eventually, was Google 'water-lilies' and found a download, so all is ok. It was on my screen when I opened up today, and it has installed itself in the wallpaper list. Do you think I ought to save it somewhere else, just in case? My computer is getting old, after all. Saving up to buy a new one.
Thanks all, once again.

Silver Angel

Spread the Love

SMILE!

As long as it is in the Wallpapers folder you should OK... but backing up your data would be a good idea, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom