Blue Screen Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

artofshred87

Solid State Member
so recently i bought a brand new Hdd for my laptop and did a complete system recovery, all that has been installed is just updates from windows updater and one other update for an audio interface. Now i have beeen getting a blue screen error saying the computer was shut down to protect data im pretty sure that the problem is with the interface driver, but i want to find out if it really is. before i installed this hdd it was working properly the only thing i can think of would be that when i first installed the driver there was not a version for windows 7 serice pack 1 and the one i recently installed was for service pack 1. how would i go about finding out if this is even whats causing the problem?

computer specs. windows 7 home premium 32-bit, 4 gb ddr2 ram, 320gb hdd,2.10 amd processor

What are the stop errors that you are getting? It could either be a RAM or HDD problem, most likely. Those "Stop 0x000.." error can tell us more.

Check the event log. Then go to Windows > System logs. See if there are any major errors cropping up, and you can usually find the bugcheck code there as well, if you look for the error type "Bugcheck"

Or if you get another BSOD, you can check it on that screen at the bottom where it says "STOP: 0x000000##" where ## are an alphanumeric combination.

You may also find you need to be really quick or take a picture, BSOD's only stay on screen for around 3 secounds.

You can set it to not restart on a BSOD. You need to press F8 before Window's splash and click "Disable automatic restart on system failure".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom