Is This Motherboard TOO Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Struzinski

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, the new guy here lol. Anyway, I'm looking to build a fairly good gaming PC(that could atleast run some of the newer first person shooters such as Battlefield, MoH, etc.) and I also do a lot of music production so I'll need it to handle that kinda stuff too. I don't know too too much about PC building so I'll probably have a lot of questions. One I've been wondering about though was if the motherboard I want was TOO good?

Micro Center - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 Z68 ATX Intel Motherboard 484543

It's 200 dollars and one of the most expensive ones on that website, so I'm wondering if that's just unnecessary for building a gaming computer? It's obviously one of the better ones, but would I be able to build a good computer with something less cheaper?

I planned on using an Intel i5 3.3 Ghz Quad Core processor for my computer. I'm also yet to pick a graphics card out too so if you can recommend some pretty good NVIDIA ones, that'd be good too :)

That's definetly one of the higher end mobos available, but I wouldn't call it too good. Are you planning on overclocking? If you want to save a little, I would suggest something like this Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS. Also this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m2305X575088X6bf3c9e2dcbeb732115ea061d7277785, is something I'd go for over the one you were looking at. As for a graphics card, look into a gtx560ti, or if it's in your budget, a gtx570(I'm more than happy with mine, and Zotac includes a handy overclocking program with it).

EDIT: If you are looking to save even more, then you could definitely get away with running this; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131706

I've never heard of a mobo being "To Good". It may have more features than you need or more than you'll ever use, making it a poor choice budget wise, but it can't be To Good :D

That's definetly one of the higher end mobos available, but I wouldn't call it too good. Are you planning on overclocking? If you want to save a little, I would suggest something like this Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS. Also this, Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS, is something I'd go for over the one you were looking at. As for a graphics card, look into a gtx560ti, or if it's in your budget, a gtx570(I'm more than happy with mine, and Zotac includes a handy overclocking program with it).

EDIT: If you are looking to save even more, then you could definitely get away with running this; Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 LE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Thanks a lot man! Hopefully saving me a good amount of money haha I'll take a look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom