help please ...Wired USB laser mouse not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehobfan1

Beta member
OS=windows 7 (64) and Laptop is HP dv6t 2000

G500 logitech wired usb mouse was working intermittently for 6+ months and now has stopped altogether. (not receiving power from usb port, no mouse capability, not showing in devices and printers). The lights on the side of the mouse do flicker very occasionally as if it is trying to work.
The mouse does work on another laptop and another usb wired optical mouse will not work on the hp laptop in question. Additionally, of significance (I think) is that a thumb drive in USB and a new wireless mouse works on the laptop. Touch pad works.
Tried to date:
•Uninstalled set point drivers for mouse and installed latest version
•Ran System restore for a time period 30 days prior and mouse started working intermittently again but after a few days it failed
•Deleted hub routes under USB controller in device manager and restarted the laptop (per suggestion on a google search)
•Looked at device manager and noted no errors on any device
•Clicked on update drivers on all devices shown in device manager under headings of: “Mice and other pointing devices”, “USB controllers”, and “Human Interface Devices” and all show latest drivers and working properly
•Shut down and unplugged laptop and removed battery (again google suggestion)

I am hopefully that the brains on this forum might have a suggestion to fix. The google search shows that there are a number of folks reporting this issue but I do not see many suggestions and none seem to work for me. Although I have purchased a wireless mouse that is working now, it is a concern that soon it will experience some similar conflict issue. Thanks in advance for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom