GPU only showing x8

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp0020

In Runtime
ok, so i went into the ccc and was looking around and i noticed it said that the pci-e bus speed was at x8. so i did some research and they said to take the GPU out and put it back in. didnt fix it. i reinstalled the ccc drivers... didnt fix it. went into the bios and the bus speed was set to auto and the maximum i could set it to was 4096. not sure what is going on or if it would even make a difference getting it at x16. here is the mobo- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138283

and here is the GPU- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102935

please help lol thanks :)

ok, so i went into the ccc and was looking around and i noticed it said that the pci-e bus speed was at x8. so i did some research and they said to take the GPU out and put it back in. didnt fix it. i reinstalled the ccc drivers... didnt fix it. went into the bios and the bus speed was set to auto and the maximum i could set it to was 4096. not sure what is going on or if it would even make a difference getting it at x16.

Put your cpu speed back at this, change the FSB to 17x- 19x5 I believe that will settleyou between 3.7 and 3.8ghz.
You don't need 4.0Ghz of speed not unless you have a very big task or project to do say like in the middle of the night.
Also in games most of them will have a setting where you can adjust PCI-Express 16 to either 4.0or8.0x speed.
If you don't set that up the game will do itself and you should have any issues.

ok, set it to was 4096.

please help lol thanks :)

Maybe you mistyped 4096, but thats what I picked up as 4.0ghz, it was hard to tell inyour first post if you were adjusting the cpu fsb or PCI express settings.
Thats why I went on a hunch and told you to bring that speed back down and see what happens.

If everything is working good for it, I wish you the best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom