Trying out building my first gaming computer! Newb though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with everyone's help, this brings me to my last concern...will the Antec Lanboy have enough cooling with the three stock fans, or will I have to add on more? If I have to add more, I definitely want some liquid cooling lol. And if that is the case, which would be a good route to go?

According to the spec page on Newegg:
Cooling System
120mm Fans
2 x front variable-speed 120 mm blue LED fans with stepless control knobs
1 x rear 120 mm TwoCool blue LED fan
2 x side 120 mm TwoCool blue LED fans for graphics cards cooling

5 120mm fans should be plenty for cooling.
Its one of those things where you can set it all up, test it out, and add more if you find its a little warmer than you'd like.
Spec list shows 10 more optional fan mounts, so you should be set.

Okay thanks. How do you test out how hot it's getting, and how hot is too hot lol

There are all sorts of programs you can run from your desktop to watch it (HW Monitor, SpeedFan, Real Temp, etc..).
You can also download programs like MSI Afterburner (believe EVGA has one as well) to control the fan speed from your desktop.

Quick Google search on general temps:
[i5 2500k] Idle should be around 40C, and 70C under full stress with a burn test.
Do not let your CPU hit anything higher than 80C (176F), just to be safe, although your CPU can withstand temperatures up to 99C until it starts to throttle itself.

[GTX 580] 97C is the max safe temp.
80C is normal and nothing to be concerned over.

*Edit - Yeah that card comes with EVGA Precision Tuning Utility which lets you control fan speed/leave it on auto, and monitor the card's temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom