22" vs 24" Monitor! Is it worth the extra money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
So right now at newegg they have an acer 22" monitor for $129 and a 24" for $199.

Is it worth the extra money to get a 24"?

I have used 22" monitors in the past and loved them. But is there really any better benefits to getting the 24" other than more viewing pleasure?

When it comes down to it...is it worth the extra money?

If there's that much of a price difference between the two monitors, then the extra two inches (giggity) is not the only factor that's changed.

But based on price and screen size alone, no I wouldn't say it's worth it, though it's really up to you.

There's more difference than that. the 24" is brighter (300cd/m^2) comapared to 250 on the 22".

They're different models from different companies so everything from built quality to actual screen quality will vary wildly between the two. The 24" has speakers, whereas the 22" doesn't. The 22" uses a third of the energy while in use compared to the 24". The 24" has the ability to tilt, where the 22" doesn't.

And most importantly, the 24" has 1920x1080 resolution while the 22" has 1680x1050.

Those are two very different monitors :|

Between those two though, I'd recommend the 24". 1080p is definitely worth it over 1050p.

So it's worth the extra money?

I'm bad with judgement so I'm not too sure how much brighter 50cd/m^2 extra would give.

I plan to play games so I guess the 2ms on the 24" compared to the 5ms on the 22" would be better but once again I'm not sure if the 3ms makes a big difference.

Tilt sounds like a plus, my old 22" I don't think tilted much so I had to always place a small book under the back of the base to get my viewing angle right.

Speakers don't benefit me too much as I plan to use a headset most of the time.

The 24" has HDMI, is that only benefited by hooking up say, a PS3? Or can you use it for better gaming on the computer?

The difference in resolution doesn't seem too bad. I plan to use a Radeon HD 6970, so I don't know if playing games on a higher resolution would kill my FPS. Then again I don't really play extremely demanding games either.

Finally, the brands. I know Acer and ASUS makes good motherboards, but I'm not sure about their monitors. Should I have any concerns from either of these brands?

It all comes down to, is it worth the extra money? Or should I just find a better quality 22"?

I'm bad with judgement so I'm not too sure how much brighter 50cd/m^2 extra would give.
Tbh, probably not worth the extra money for that; it won't make much difference.

I plan to play games so I guess the 2ms on the 24" compared to the 5ms on the 22" would be better but once again I'm not sure if the 3ms makes a big difference.
Different companies measure response times differently. There will either be little or no difference between the two measurements.

The 24" has HDMI, is that only benefited by hooking up say, a PS3? Or can you use it for better gaming on the computer?
HDMI is identical to DVI for video, however HDMI can transmit sound (isn't any concern for you). It does make hooking consoles up easier, if you plan on doing that.

The difference in resolution doesn't seem too bad. I plan to use a Radeon HD 6970, so I don't know if playing games on a higher resolution would kill my FPS. Then again I don't really play extremely demanding games either.
A 6970 on 1080p will be fine.

It all comes down to, is it worth the extra money? Or should I just find a better quality 22"?
I'm not really a monitor guy, but you could probably find a better 24" for cheaper. I'll leave it to others to recommend some.

Yha, I'm not a great person either.. but check if the responce is black to black or grey to grey. Grey to grey is faster thsan black to black, yet both are used as measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom