To build or Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulquiorra Cifer

Solid State Member
Ok so I've hit a crossroad with my gaming PC. I have the PC I want to build which is all this stuff Case
Hard Drive
Graphics Card
Ram
Powe Supply
Mother Bored
Processor
OS
Fan
Total cost with shipping $1,116.58. I have found a HP PC that looks pretty decent and is around the same price. Here it is. I have upgraded the power suplly to 600W ans the graphics card to a 1GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. I really want to play Skyrim with mods at high settings and I have never built a PC and I tried to take an old one apart and put it back together and it was kind of confusing. So what should I do, buy the HP or build my own?

The biggest advantage of a build yourself setup is you know the quality of the build. Even upgrading parts on a company setup, you still won't get a great quality part.

You really don't need a 750W psu unless you plan on going double video cards. Plus the mobo is heads above the hp model.

Also, with a U-build you can overclock, the hp is locked down tight!

You've built yourself a real solid sedtu;p well worth the money. If youre willing to assemble, you'll have a great system for a few years.

Oh amnd welcome to the forum.

Thanks but I'm still unsure of building one so thats why Im considering the HP.I've looked at a lot of guides and it just all confusing to me. The HP stats look good and it's already pre-built so I think thats what I might do.

take the time to watch that video, its really simple. but if you are still unsure, just buy the HP and get less performance for your money. but hey! no headaches!

Alienware are incredibly overpriced , and not what they were 7-8 years ago. If you're thinking of getting a pre-built, don't get Alienware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom