Suggestions needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrmorgan56

Beta member
I have a friend who is having computer problems. Before I go over and look at it...I wanted to hear what you more experienced guys have to suggest. To me, I think it is the hard drive...boot sector issues, I don't know. Here is what her latest email said:

... i tried to check my email (i haven't turned it off for fear of it not booting) and it froze on me. I had to restart it manually, and it booted up to the disk checking screen, and it took over 45 mins to check .. stuff about things not valid, truncated stuff.. i haven't a freakin clue. then it stopped at 64% (after about 45 mins of checking) and went back to the windows screen, and started all over again..back to the checking screen.. I finally turned it off for good, coz it took 1/2 hour for it to get to 20%. so, i think its dead.

Other times she complained of the dreaded "System disk" message...that is why I thought "Hard drive". But she can get in sometimes and it always has to do disk checking and only sometimes will she get all the way into windows.

In my experience, this could also be a cooling issue, right? A processor getting cooked did this on a computer I was looking at once in the past.

Anyway, I'm going to go over and look at it sometime this week. I know this isn't much info but it is all I have. I just wanted to hear what you guys thought.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom