Ghost in my machine, please help!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwm1150

Solid State Member
Ok, I have a computer that has a repeating blue screen issue. The computer has been to a local computer repair shop but has not been able to be fixed. I have replaced the hard drive, motherboard twice now, and power supply. The last time the system was worked on the replacment motherboard seemed to fix the problem for a few months. The most recent repair I had a new mother board and a new/used processor installed and it still blue screens constantly. I suspected the processor might have been damaged due to a power serge in the past. The repair guy pulled the nividia 8800gt out and tried on board video and got constant blue screens. TheY put a clean hard drive and tried to load Vista as well as windows 7 and got constant blue screens.

The basic on the system are:
X86 BASED PC
AMD 64X2 dual core 5400 +
Smbios version 2.5
2gb memory
1.59available memory
motherboard: Foxconn A76ML-K

I am at a loss about what to do next. The computer is essentially new as most fo the parts have been replaced over the past year. The repair shop gave up on it and could not resolve the issue. I would like to get this computer running and stable. This place is my only hope. Any ideas? I am no tech expert but I am learning..................

error I got yesterday:
Win32kisys address 981a370f base at 980f0000 datestamp 4de7916d

stop 0x000000fc

stop 0x00000008e

Not yet but I tried to run a memtest yesterday and it crashed before it completed it.

Ok, I just pulled out one of the memory sticks which is Avanti 1gb DDR2 667MHZ. I rebooted and it booted into windows for the first time today. I am running a memtest right now I will see how it goes.

Not yet but I tried to run a memtest yesterday and it crashed before it completed it.

Ok, I just pulled out one of the memory sticks which is Avanti 1gb DDR2 667MHZ. I rebooted and it booted into windows for the first time today. I am running a memtest right now I will see how it goes.

If your comp crashed on memtest then your RAM is likely suspect. Try cycling RAM, if every stick of RAM is bad, then buy a new set of RAM.

Well I cycled the memory sticks and ran the windows memtest on each individual stick. One of the sticks failed and indicated a hardware problem. I installed the two sticks that passed the test and the system is running great now. My son is running a game on it right now and seems to be performing very well.

I can't believe the idiot at the computer shop did not catch that a memory stick was bad. I will be calling them on Monday to see about getting some of my money back. Thanks for help and advice great site.

Wow..... When you get BSODs thats the first thing i nthink of..... Cause It happened to me too.

Hopefuly vyoure all fixed up.

Man sucks you paid someone to do all that stuff and vgot almost a new computer, just cause of a bad RAM stick...

If you have replaced the power supply,the mobo and cpu, have you not tried sticking inone ram slot to see if that could be the problem ?
How along have you had the memory and what brand and speed is it ?

This is the ram in the machine. Avanti 1gb DDR2 667MHZ I am running two sticks now one was tested by widows memtest as bad once I got the machine back I got it running on my own. I am rather ****ed off to say the least.

Yeah, RAM should be the first thing you replace before thinking about the MOBO or processor. Did the repair shop guy know you had replaced virtually everything but the RAM?

Sounds like someone shouldn't be working as a tech in a repair shop. Anytime a system will randomly blue screen like that, I try to perform diagnostics such as Memtest, and using other bootable media except the OS to pinpoint the issue, what they failed to do, is do full diagnostics and just flat out guessed, which they guessed what would bring them most money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom