Any suggestions on this possible build? im noob so simplicity is appriciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what got changed
I thought it was the SATA issue fix, but apparently that was changed with REV 3.0, so it looks like the only change from 3.0 to 3.1 was the switch from an NEC USB 3.0 controller to an ASMedia 3.0 controller. The impact of which is probably minimal since it seems most external components are still more than happy to use USB 2.0 connections.

well like you said, thats something to focus on at the end when prices change more. So, so far we have the case decided to be choice b full tower, any agreements on best mobo?

well like you said, thats something to focus on at the end when prices change more. So, so far we have the case decided to be choice b full tower, any agreements on best mobo?

Well even though it is quite early to decide on the components it's not a bad idea to go with a Asus P8P67 Pro or deluxe board, that is very popular and I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. If you want 3tb to prevent any lag, then losing some of that epic space for SSDs instead is not a bad idea. How much money do you have in terms of (a) Graphics Card(s)?

Regret, sorry this thread is going a little off-topic, it happens.

Honestly if you want to buy piece-meal to December I would only focus on components that don't have a tendency to price drop very quickly.
-Case
-Keyboard
-Mouse
-Optical Drive
-Windows

Might be okay to snag the motherboard, RAM, and power supply, though if you wait to get a video card you may find the best you can afford in 4.5 months requires more power than the power supply you bought today.

In 4.5 months I am willing to bet the price of the other components will drop significantly.
Intel has a new series coming out Q1/Q2 of 2012, prices on the i5/i7 should be dropping.
New video cards are always under development, older ones are always dropping.
Solid State Drive technology is improving rapidly and cost is decreasing.

In 4.5 months I am willing to bet the price of the other components will drop significantly.
Intel has a new series coming out Q1/Q2 of 2012, prices on the i5/i7 should be dropping.
New video cards are always under development, older ones are always dropping.
Solid State Drive technology is improving rapidly and cost is decreasing.

Exactly, that's kinda' why I'm thinking that it's too hard and vague to say decide on parts. Sorry D:

ya i understand. well, we have the case picked out, i know im getting some version of win7, keyboard/mouse isnt too hard to figure out for myself. sooooooooooo... how about optical drive prefrences?

Well, i wanted a blu ray because my monitor is 1080p so that plus blu ray capabilities sounds like some good gfx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom