Any suggestions on this possible build? im noob so simplicity is appriciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes to a full tower, it really helps, especially during assembly.

I have the HAF932; I'd recommend it over Choice A mostly because it has less, but larger fans. This means you'll get similar airflow, but it will quieter (the smaller fans need to move faster than larger fans to move the same volume of air - as a result, they're louder).

Also, HAf 932 > HAF X, since even though the X is larger it has smaller fans for some reason. Also, the blue look is loads better than the red IMO :D (my 932 has red and blue looks so much better).

My friend has the Antec 1200, it's a nice case with three-port fan controller built in, and it's lighter than my 932 (I think - going just by lifting it rather than specs) but overall I'd prefer my 932.

The difference between the P8P67 basic and Pro is $10, for that you get x8/x8 PCIe in SLi/Crossfire, 2x eSATA 3GB/s, and a LAN chipset by Intel which reviews say is slightly faster than the Realtek, seemed worth $10 to me.

If you are waiting until December this may all change, new components will come out and current components will decrease in price.
I would get comfortable with the building process, and surf the forums getting information on new components as they come out.

Also, how much hard drive space do you currently use?
(my computer > right-click hard drive > properties)

The difference between the P8P67 basic and Pro is $10, for that you get x8/x8 PCIe in SLi/Crossfire, 2x eSATA 3GB/s, and a LAN chipset by Intel which reviews say is slightly faster than the Realtek, seemed worth $10 to me.

Not on newegg... Its $45, but I do keep forgetting the 1155 boards aren't all full x16 slots like x58. So I guess, if the OP has no intentions to ever do xfire/sli, the regulars a good budget saver.

If you are waiting until December this may all change, new components will come out and current components will decrease in price.
I would get comfortable with the building process, and surf the forums getting information on new components as they come out.

Yha, 3 months in tech is a huge time. It nice to see what you can build now, but no one can tell you whats possible in the future.

well, im dont necessarily HAVE to wait, i was probablly going to start building the comp slowly so i can handle, ordering pieces whenever i get a check

Also, how much hard drive space do you currently use?
(my computer > right-click hard drive > properties)

used = 379gb
free = 351gb

Not on newegg... Its $45
Was so confused, until I noticed you're looking at the REV 3.0 boards and I'm looking at REV 3.1

Surprised nobody has posted a solid state drive yet. Since I don't use one I'm certainly not an expert by any means, but from some Newegg digging I'd say something like this 120GB OCZ Vertex 3.
SSDs read/write much faster than a standard hard drive but have nowhere near the capacity (technically could get one that would hold your current machine, but would cost half your budget), the idea is that you put programs that you access often on them.
With 120GB you would have enough room for Windows, your favorite games, and some random programs. Then everything else like music, movies, older games, etc... can go on the 1TB hard drive.

An SSD is one of those components that you would want to wait till the end of your build to get though since the price is steadily decreasing.

EWWW EWW NO...

I just built up a system for my freind and boss and sped'd the Corsair 120 with the sandforce controller and came to find out that ALL of the sandforce based drives like that one, freeze up when plugged into a SATA 3 6Gig port!

Man its unnerving to have your bosses computer not booting.

WoW Roark.. they made a nother version of the same board?? Wonder what got changed, but now I see where your $10 is.

What? I have mine plugged into SATA-3, I don't get freezing. Same controller as well, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom