Need some help on best mobo..... p67? vs z68

Status
Not open for further replies.

sina13

Solid State Member
Hey guys so ok i bought new parts for my new build a couple days ago. and i got the asus p8z68-v pro motherboard the board had a problem it shut off by itself after 10 seconds of being on then starts itself back up then loads windows so i returned it to microcenter and i could exchange it for a different motherboard soooooo i was looking at this one GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P but they didnt have any in stock...Sooo i bought somthing thats a similar price and if i decide i dont want it i sell it on amazon and its this item the ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 rev 3.0. So these are my options tell me which is the best one. And also Can someone please describe whats the difference and the benefits between a z68 board a p67. So shld i keep the asus sabertooh or sell it and get the asus sabertooth? i want a board that WONT give me any trouble at all and that will be great for my system build. Thats why i iwanted the gigabyte cuz it had the best reviews.

also how is this Mobo evga. It looks pretty good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=q8cikv76mmgb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=1tqgzu560p74i

What u think about these?..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=x7ttrovv8u41

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na&AID=10521304&PID=4169961&SID=33y43khwyndr

My system specs:
Intel i7 2600k
H60
g skill ripjaws 8gb 2x4
OCZ technology
gtx 570
corsair 600t white

thanks for the replies. yea i had the asus z68 pro and it was mess i wuld turn on the comp and it would turn off by itself after 10 seconsd then bak on by itself 2 or 3 times then it would load windows... and i dont want to have this problem with the p67 motherboard because on newegg the z68 pro asus, i read a lot of poeple had the same problem as me. out of all of the ones i listed what would be the best? but ill look into the p67 deluxe and pro

I have the Deluxe too, it's cool :) Offers various stuff over the Pro, like a thicker PCB, better integrated audio, larger heatsinks, and pointlessly extreme OCing support.

I have the Deluxe too, it's cool :) Offers various stuff over the Pro, like a thicker PCB, better integrated audio, larger heatsinks, and pointlessly extreme OCing support.

ugh xD.
Newegg.com - ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

the newegg reviews, and people are having problems with being defective, not working with g skill ram(which i have) and bios problem.... im afraid ill be stuck with a broken motherboard and non returnable. you dont know how much trouble i had to get microcetner to take back the z68 pro....

ive been looking at this board and seems to be a great board with no problems. what u guys think?

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

From what I've learned on these forums, Gigabyte have terrible returns and warranty policies.

Every manufacturer has defective boards.

Basing a purchasing decision on Newegg reviews is foolhardy. Some people will write a review for every product they purchase. Some people will only write a review if their dissatisfied. Some people never write a review. Some people will review a product they don't even own. And from my observations a large number of complaints could be avoided if the purchaser knew what they were doing, even though they always claim to have high technical experience.

The best place to actually see all the various problems is through the Manufacturers Forum. What I find disturbing is that Gigabyte USA does not have a forum. You can only file a support request because they must not want their actual defect rate to be known. Gigabyte UK does have a forum and I see plenty of users having various issues there.

Official GIGABYTE Forum - Index

Gigabyte also has a terrible warranty/rma policy

gigabyte.jpg

Image Source

Gigabyte is extremely deceptive in my opinion, all manufacturers have defective items that slip past quality control, at least Asus and most of the other manufacturers are up front about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom